The Vagabond wandered the streets of Govanhill , with reference to its Gaelic namesake (‘Gobhann’ – ‘Smith’) telling tales of Smiths, Smithys and Smithying. Streetland is an excellent community-run festival focussed on strengthening community and community facilities in Govanhill, a poor area with a large immigrant population. I was pleased to befriend a group of Roma kids, though I promise I’m not an aspiring Fagin! Click on their logo (right) to visit the site!
- 9th December – Dr. Sketchy’s Winter Special at Cellar 35, Aberdeen.
- 30th November – Ducks Stilts and Laser-Harps at the Flying Duck!
- 27th October, Hallowe’en Highjinks at The Birmingham City Library Centre for the Child
- 21st October – Enchanted Forest, Edinburgh Botanic Gardens
- 13th October – Glasgow by Gaslight, Steampunk stories at the Britannia Panopticon!